Tuesday 15 July 2008

Gimme Shelter...I Play Mechanic...


Yes, that's right, I've been under a vehicle; I've gotten covered in oil, I've got rust in my hair and I'm generally filthy - but feeling more and more like a man.

There has been a fair amount of progress on the ambulance, including the removal of lots of random things such as: oxygen supply line, soap dispenser, horrid blue hospital blinds, the brackets that hold the stretcher to the wall, a few chairs...

The space inside is looking bigger and better...



On top of this progress in the van, I have also been working in the greenhouse planting my first batch of seeds:




The first shoots on the way through, Rocket is the winner... but others are close behind.



Not an ant in sight. Ha.



But there is still a lot to do on the ambulance; having discovered that the floor is just covered ply wood, I have resolved to remove it (at the moment it is like a hospital floor with runners in it for the chairs... not exactly comfort living...) and replace it with a flatter more homely alternative.

This among other things is the next step of the conversion. And I have found the perfect soundtrack to my work in a box in the garage...

3 comments:

Graham. said...

Hugh Ferrel-Whitingstall-Burnley-Whurl says you can grow potatoes in a bucket in your flat.

Graham.

Roya said...

i have quite alot of carpet if u need it and curtains n what not, you know the fraser household.. so come here for all your pursian rug and drapeage needs..or in fact for almost anything..bloody hoarders
x

Tom Ruddy said...

extensive venture mr stone! im sure your mobile, medical shag pad will be both comfortable and luxurious and your food, to die for....literally lol. i look forward to seeing you in action mate. good luck